Monday, April 20, 2009

From The Files: TWILIGHT & FENCHURCH


More art from the files as I race along on my current project. This time it's a page from a TWILIGHT & FENCHURCH short story I began for NEGATIVE BURN, but abandoned about halfway in.

I liked the characters, I liked the idea, and I thought the story had a decent little twist in it, but after a few pages, it was starting to feel a little too much like a pale imitation of HELLBOY and LONSTER JOHNSON. So I set the pages I'd drawn aside and started work on something a little more personal, which ended up being the first FADE short story, published in NEGATIVE BURN #1.

I might still try to do something with this story someday, but it'll have to wait until I can find something new to say about Pulp heroes and big monsters with tentacles.

No comments: