Monday, May 4, 2009

FCBD 2009 & THE PERHAPANAUTS

Had a chance to get caught up with Todd Dezago at last weekend's signing. We've known each other for years, but never gotten a chance to work together. Todd recently moved his creator-owned title THE PERHAPANAUTS over to the Image banner and he gave me a stack of the latest issues. It's a great comic book, everything that I've been missing in comic book these days. It's been a long time since I read a comic that was just out and out FUN and more or less kid-friendly. And the art by Craig Rosseau is really sharp.

Todd and I are now talking about having me draw an 8-page backup story for them. I pretty much jumped at the chance to finally work with him, now we just have to find the time to work on it.

In the meantime, a big thank you to everyone who turned out for our FCBD signing at EXCELLENT ADVENTURES. It was great to see so many kids excited about comics again. And thanks to John and Matt for setting the signing up and running things so smoothly, not to mention all the coffee, soda, and pizza they provided. I had a great time. Thanks, guys.

No comments: