Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Work In Progress: Strange Heroes Samples, Part 1


Here's a sneak peek at the rough pencils for the first page of new art samples I'm working on to show editors at the upcoming New York Comic Con. Another slight variation in style from my DOCTOR WHO and SUPERNATURAL work, focusing again on more traditional superhero material. I'm currently working on a five page sequence from an old project of mine called "Strange Heroes" that I pitched a few years ago but never sold. The above is the first page from what I'd always intended to be the book's opening sequence. Tomorrow I'll post the final pencils and the inks.

3 comments:

David Hahn said...

I love them! Are they full sized?

Steven Wilcox said...

Awesome work here, Matt! Can't wait to see the full pencils and inks to this...

matthew dow smith said...

Thanks, guys! They're full-sized, but I'm going to do the final panel borders in the computer to give them a nice even look.

--MDS