Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sneak Peek: Secret Project Panel 2...

Another quick sneak peek at a panel from my upcoming secret project, including a look at some of the stages...


First, the inks.  No scan of my pencils, I'm afraid.  Not that you're missing much.  You can barely call what I do 'pencils.  They're very quick and loose with the bare minimum of detail.  Most of the work is done in the ink stage, where I take the shapes I've sketched out and start to pull them together.


Now, the 'colors'.  For this project, I decided to go with a single mid-tone color, like I'd done on F. Paul Wilson's THE KEEP.  Partially because I wanted to do everything on this project myself but haven't developed my coloring skills to the point where I felt confident enough to handle interior pages, but mostly because I genuinely like the look of this approach.  It suits the emotional tone I'm going for.


And finally, the letters, done in Adobe Illustrator with Comicraft's Richard Starkings font.  And a lot of help from the Comicraft incredibly useful tutorial blog.

No comments: